Wednesday, February 16, 2011

Like a champ.

1. Redraft "Savannah" at least five times, at least one months apart (1/5) - in progress

Savannah is a short story I wrote in college that became strangely autobiographical soon after I wrote it. Despite the fact I was wildly proud of it when I first wrote it, when I re-read it now I can see clearly what everyone meant when they critiqued it. So I set up camp in Panera one Monday afternoon to work on it (finally). It's much harder than I expected it to be, but I suppose at least I started.

25. Learn to cook 52 new recipes and organize them in one place (37/52) - in progress

I made Buffalo Chicken Dip when I was home for the Super Bowl. It wasn't as good as I remember my aunt's being at Christmas, but then I brought some home and reheated it a few times for a snack and I think the secret is that it has to be very hot.

30. Use my library card to take out 25 books (24/25) - in progress

A copy of the third book in the Millennium trilogy, "The Girl Who Kicked the Hornet's Nest" became available, so I took that out -- and then I picked up a new nonfiction called "Some We Love, Some We Hate, Some We Eat," which was about relationships with animals and was surprisingly interesting.

56. Exercise 2-3 times a week (36/143) - in progress

Awww yeah, joined a gym. After approximately eight months of watching 900 hours of TV a week and sleeping till noon (and approximately three months of shivering under a heated blanket and starkly refusing to leave the warmth of my bed), I just committed to it. So I did the elliptical twice last week and then so far this week I did the elliptical once, treadmill twice and a yoga workout at home. Next week I might even venture out into weights. Look at me go, ya'll.

57. Get the HPV vaccine - completed

I got my last shot when I was home last weekend, so I'm three for three.

-- Till next time.

No comments:

Post a Comment