Tuesday, August 2, 2011

It has been an eternity.

(Apparently, an eternity is four months in my now-23-year-old mind.)

I could make excuses for going four months without a single post -- and honestly, without too many accomplishments on the 101 list -- but the truth comes down to the fact I didn't look at the list very often, and I wasn't motivated to blog. Life is real, folks.

A lot of the things I intended to do are still things that attract my attention. Some are now constrained by time or money, factors I was less than concerned about when I first made this list more than two years ago. But for all the things I love about the 101 challenge, there is one I do not: Never in my life could I have predicted this is where I would be 2 1/2 years from when I started, and that means some goals changed.

In any case, I suppose, I'll try to pick up where I left off and see what I can accomplish before my December deadline.

25. Learn to cook 52 new recipes and organize them in one place (46/52) -- in progress

I left off with the fish tacos, but since I moved closer to work I've been cooking more often. I tried two muffin recipes (banana and carrot) and a banana bread, two steak marinades, one mini frittata recipe that uses a muffin tin, a green bean and tomato salad with a butter-basil sauce... I am having trouble remembering what else. I'll leave it at six.

32. Attend at least one sports event a season (5/12) -- in progress

I went to my first Revs game this weekend, which was fun because I got free tickets through work. And I liked the fact that the stadium is plopped down in the middle of the city, but you don't quite feel like you're still downtown.

55. Try six different workouts at home, at least twice each (4/6) -- in progress

Turns out I joined a gym again, so "workouts" became classes once again. I've settled into a routine of a cardio/strength class Mondays and Wednesdays, yoga Tuesdays and a "body blast" Fridays. I also tried a yoga studio in Camp Hill twice with April. Loved the class, not the drive.

56. Exercise 2-3 times a week (51/143) -- in progress

There was about a month around the time I moved that I did not work out regularly, but I've been going to the gym at least four days a week, and five when I've done the CH yoga class. Turns out having to move your car by 8 a.m. is a solid motivation to suck it up and go to the gym.

67. Replace light bulbs with CFLs when necessary -- accomplished

Pitched my last incandescent in the move, so all I have to replace any dead bulbs with are CFLs.

99. Added May 14, 2011 (Oops. Added Aug. 2, 2011): When the 101 ends, instead of creating an entire second 101, try a food blog a la "What I Wore." Perhaps "What I Ate"?

1 comment: